NEED A SONG MIXED & MASTERED?
AS LOW AS
IS YOUR RECORDING:
A single stereo instrumental track and several vocal tracks
A few instrumental stems no vocals
Acappella song with a few vocal stems and no instrumental
Several instrumental stems and one vocal stem
Multiple instrumental and vocal stems
Do you need radio edited versions of your songs in addition to the full version?
IN YOUR MIX WE WILL ADDRESS:
Balance - the volume level relationship between musical elements
Panorama - placing a musical element in the sound field
Frequency Range - having all frequencies properly represented
Dimension - adding ambiance to a musical element
Dynamics - controlling the volume envelopes of a track or instrument
Interest - making the mix special
BEFORE YOUR MIX/MASTER
Send us your ruff draft and we will be happy to contact you with some general feedback. If you would like to move forward with services here are some things to consider:
1. Be sure to record at proper levels (avoid level peaking/distortion).
Some songs may have deliberate distortion which is fine if that is what you are going for stylistically. If that is the case, this will need to be communicated in advance. Recording levels too "hot" is not something that can be fixed in mixing and therefore will not be approved for the mixing phase.
2. Make sure you have given your best studio performance and are satisfied with your recording before submitting your song. Upon submission, the assumption is that you have thoroughly reviewed your performance and are ready for the mixing phase. (new charges apply if you are needing to send a new performance to be incorporated later)
3. Please label your individual tracks in a way that best describes what will be on said track (ie. reference track, lead synth, snare, 808, kick drum, lead vocals, backing vocals, adlibs, etc).
*Feel free to add info such as bpm and the key that your song is in if you know it.
4. It is preferred that you bounce your individual audio tracks as wav. stems (at minimum 44.1khz 16-bit depth)
*Mp3 is accepted but may affect the overall sound quality.
5. Be sure each of the individual tracks that you bounce are the same length. If you have questions on how this is done, you can refer to the following youtube video which will explain how to achieve this in both Pro-tools and Logic Pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVttS0kA7Uc
6. Condense the folder containing all of your individual tracks into a zip file. When naming the file, please use the song title followed by your name (or artist name). If you have cover artwork that you would like attached to your mp3 file. Please communicate this and include it in your zip file. You can then send the file to
-A first draft is typically provided to you via email within a 1-2 week period. When you have received it, we ask that you thoroughly review the draft and provide us with your feedback in regards to changes and adjustments you would like to hear.
(We would love to get it all right the first time around but we realize there may be specific things that we add or tweak that may not be desired)
*Using descriptive terminology and time stamps to pinpoint the specific tweaks you are suggesting would be ideal in this phase.
You have up to 2 additional rounds of adjustments after this first draft before any additional charges are assessed.
Upon the final approval of your mixed and mastered track:
Your deliverable will be a .wav file (44.1khz or 48khz) and a .mp3 file (192kbps or 320kbps)